Thailand


Thailand is known for its royal palaces, temples, Buddhas, elephant, ancient ruins, and tropical beaches.

In 1998, I had my first international trip, and a great privilege in our office, US Trade & Development Agency, to manage a delegation of executives from the private companies and public organizations to travel to Bangkok, Thailand, for a Banking & IT conference.  It was a big responsibility, an opportunity for me to learn and gain professional and personal experiences. I met the big bosses of our agency and met new contacts.

We had dinner on board a cruise that sailed back and forth on the river bank. It was a beautiful night.

I was impressed with the cheap clothes, got excited and shopped a lot. I brought with me 2 boxes of clothes back to the Philippines. That was my biggest shopping trip so far. I rode the famous "tuktuk" (just like the tricycle in the Philippines.)  It was a fun ride.




In December 2009, I went back to Bangkok on a personal trip. I explored more places compared to my first visit in 1999.

I visited temples and palaces. I met and paid homage to different kinds of Buddha.  I've seen the biggest Buddha in my lifetime! I watched elephants walking in the elephant village.  I had a boat ride, went to the floating market, ate coconut ice cream (it was delicious!) and other street food.  I went o a dinner cruise again; that was a good experience. Even though I was by myself, I mingled with the crowd; I always do. 

Pad Thai is now a favorite dish.  Every time I dine at a Thai restaurant, I always get Pad Thai. 

I bought ivory heart earrings and a pendant.  I still have them with me.  Besides the photos and memories, those earrings and pendant are my best souvenirs.

I've seen and experienced a lot of Bangkok.  There are similarities with the environment and weather in the Philippines.

Thailand is a unique and beautiful country.  Someday, I will visit the island of Phuket to experience a new adventure. 















Comments

Popular Posts