Croatia



You don't need to be a fan of the famous series "Game of Thrones" to visit Croatia. I am not, but this country earned my admiration.

From the time we landed until the time we left, I experienced the feeling of awe - everywhere I turn my head: the mountains, the sea, the walls, and everything in between.

I traveled with my two flight attendant friends in Dubrovnik, one of the most prominent tourist destinations in the Mediterranean Sea. I will show you why it is amazing.


Here are just some of the magnificent places we've seen, that I know for sure would let you admire this country as well. 


"Dubrovnik" is one of Croatia's most beautiful towns and the backdrop of the series "Game of Thrones."


"City Walls" is the main attraction of Old Town Dubrovnik and a favorite first stop for tourists. "It was built when there was a danger of foreign attacks in the 13th century. During the 14th century, 15th forts were built to increase the strength of the walls." 



"Stradun" is the main street of Dubrovnik, a limestone-paved pedestrian busy with shops and restaurants.


A trivia I learned from the tour guide - who would like to guess? 
The period between the fall of Constantinople (the capital city of the Roman Empire) in 1453 and the earthquake in 1667 is called - the "Golden Age of Dubrovnik."



The "City Walls" provides panoramic views as you stroll the narrow cobbled streets from tower to tower. Then make a stop in every corner to enjoy the view. 



Sparkling turquoise water surrounds the Old Town.  Guiding this beautiful waterway is the "Porporela Lighthouse." My surprise encounter with this lighthouse at this exact spot was a bonus of the already fantastic trip.


Porperela lighthouse is a small steel lighthouse, built in the 19th century, standing on the old port's pier. It may not be the most beautiful lighthouse but definitely located in one of the most beautiful places on earth.



Croatia's endless coastline is the country's biggest tourism draw. Alongside the scenic "City Wall" are the best places to sunbathe or take a nap.  Beaches in Croatia are not white sandy beaches, but their rocky shores are also full of life that attract tourists.  




Al Fresco dining (outside dining) is something you wouldn't like to miss in "Old Town,” and always my preference. Don't forget to try their black risotto, a black seafood dish with rice and squid, and now my favorite Croatian food.



There's nothing more awe-inspiring and romantic than watching a sunset. In Croatia, the best place to do this is anywhere where mountains meet the Adriatic sea.



Croatia has over 1,200 islands, but many are not accessible to the public. Small cruise and ferries are available for tourists to go in and out of the islands.  

Croats or Croatians use the tagline "Full of Life" to advertise their country.  I say Croatia is "Full of Beauty." I am not yet done with Croatia. I will see you soon. Meet me on one of the islands.

I would like to describe Croatia through my photos. 
It is stunning. It is impeccable. It is picture-perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts